"To many arguments for user command"

Nipsen 2 19:25 31 Jul 2003

My Wife's friend is a nurse, working night's .three month's ago she bought a computer (windows me) Today she came to see us and mentioned that she had a problem with her computer. She decided to add a password so that she could logon & logoff windows. This is where the problem started, when she tried to go on the internet a message came up "user name rejected" with this error message " To many arguments for user command " Unfortunately she gave me the error message over the phone and as now gone to work, if there is "quickfix" for it I would not be able to look at her computer till Friday evening. I gave her instuctions on "system restore" but she said she had no system restore
points to restore to. Hope someone will be able to help a nurse in distress. Thank's nipsen 2

-pops- 19:38 31 Jul 2003

Error Message:
Too many arguments in command line.

User Action:
Make sure the syntax of the command line is correct, and that you only specify one process at a time. To check which arguments are valid for this command, type HELP at the command prompt followed by the command name (in this case, More).

From click here

Nipsen 2 20:10 31 Jul 2003

pops,
thanks for your prompt reply I will give it a go tomorrow evening, will leave the thread open for now thanks nipsen 2

Nipsen 2 09:08 01 Aug 2003

bump

Nipsen 2 19:26 01 Aug 2003

The lady couldn't solve the problem & has asked the company who built the computer to look at it. If she sorts it out and let's me know what happened I will get back to the forum with the answer, thank's anyhow pops nipsen 2

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?