Manual update of Windows defender?

ACOLYTE 12:53 07 Mar 2006

HI, can someone tell me if it is possible to manually update this app,i cant seen to find the check for updates bit.

johnnyrocker 13:03 07 Mar 2006

copy a shortcut to desktop and then double click and you can set it then under the options.

johnny.

spuds 13:14 07 Mar 2006

Try: Click on File then Check for updates.

powerless 13:22 07 Mar 2006

Click the little arrow next to the big blue ? mark, then click About and the update button is there.

rawprawn 13:40 07 Mar 2006

Open Windows Defender, there is a little arrow on the extreme top RHS, click on that chose "About Windows Defender" and there is a large button saying "Check for Updates"

rawprawn 13:42 07 Mar 2006

Forgot to add there will be a little icon appear in the system tray while it is updating.

spuds 13:46 07 Mar 2006

Whoops (perhaps confusing),should have stated 'Open Defender on screen, then click on Defender File (top left).

ACOLYTE 18:47 07 Mar 2006

Ok thx i found it now,was hidden quite well,i would have thought it would have been in sight on the main app.

skidzy 18:56 07 Mar 2006

I may be wrong here and put in my place,i believe i read somewhere that you dont have to manually update Defender as its merged with your Microsoft Windows Updates.
I could be wrong,but im pretty sure i read it somewhere.

However,if Defender is not updating and you recently updated from Antispy...you could well have the problem saying Defender out of date !

start > Run > copy and paste this path into the run box and > Enter

Msiexec /x {A5CC2A09-E9D3-49EC-923D-03874BBD4C2C}

This should cure any updates worries.
For further reference
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?