Managing Processor time

pittza 10:07 24 Apr 2009

I am having problems with a music sequencer program in that it keeps stutering . In widows help I found the following imfo:
Managing processor time
System processing is managed directly by Windows, which can balance the allocation of tasks between processors while also managing multiple processes on a single processor. However, you can set Windows to allow a greater proportion of processor time to the application in which you are currently working. This can result in faster response time from the programs and applications you use while you work. Or, if you have background processes (such as printing or disk backup) that you want to run while you work, you may prefer to have Windows share processor resources equally between background and foreground programs.

Would this help and how do I do it please?

OTT_Buzzard 11:06 24 Apr 2009

It may help you yes.
Go in to task manager, find the process you want to change the priority for, right click on it and set the process priority.

Alternatively, if you are using a multi-core processor then you may also be able to change the affinity (i.e. set certain process to use specific processor cores). This is also done on the right click menu on the process in task mamager.

pittza 15:30 24 Apr 2009

Hi OTT_Buzzard, just tried what you said but the priority is already set to normal and I cant change it because the other options wont highlight, what am I doing wrong?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires