Malwarebytes(False positives?)

hiwatt 12:41 01 Oct 2009

Hi folks.I've just updated malwarebytes and done a scan and it found 9 entries for trojansHas anyone else found this?I'm thinking the might be FP'S?Thanks.

hiwatt 13:17 01 Oct 2009

Yeah these are false positives.Confirmed by visiting the malwarebytes forum.

rawprawn 13:51 01 Oct 2009

Me too, I thought it strange but still deleted them. Can't see any problems.

birdface 14:58 01 Oct 2009

Updated and ran mine about 10.30 this morning and nothing was found.

Muergo 15:17 01 Oct 2009

I ran it today, full scan got 17 objects, most of them registry keys, then it wouldn't do anything with them, tried quarantine but no reaction, so have just saved them. All Trojans of only two types. Are these on the forums? I don't know whether to buy the package, is that any better than the free one?

rawprawn 16:07 01 Oct 2009

Strange it wouldn't clear them, I don't understand that. The Pro version is the same scanner but offers real time protection and auto update.

rawprawn 16:07 01 Oct 2009

Try as Scan with click here

hiwatt 18:13 01 Oct 2009

Best just to leave them alone for now.It should get sorted when malwarebytes is updated.

feb 18:43 01 Oct 2009

I think they're to do with Avast!

lotvic 19:59 01 Oct 2009

I had the same thing.
I also think they're do with Avast as Avast then wouldn't open so that I could do a manual full scan.
I had to 'repair' avast through Control Panel 'Add/Remove' (I was going to reinstall it but then saw the Repair option so did that instead

rawprawn 20:51 01 Oct 2009

I don't use Avast but had the problem, so I feel that Avast is not the cause.
I used system restore to get back to where I started and then scanned again. This time it found 8 trojans, I opted to ignore them and scanned with SAS which found nothing.
False positives, yes I believe so, but not caused by Avast.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?