Malwarebytes Updates !!!

birdface 10:36 24 Apr 2010

Hi.Just wondering about the size of Malwarebytes updates.
Every time I update it is usually 4.2Mb.
If you update it every day and you don't get a new version for about 3 months that would meen it was using about 360Mb in updates.
I am sure the old version was just over the 1mb every update.
Am I just being Paranoid or is it a bit extreme.
At the moment I am just updating it once a fortnight and it is still only about 4.2 mb to update it.
Just wondering if the pay for versions automatic updates are smaller.
I use the free version.

Tony W. 12:18 24 Apr 2010

I am highly suspicious of updates for any security products not for any sinister reason but some months ago I had a pay version of an Anti virus.

One day I inadvertently altered my computers calendar by post dating it.Afterward every time I logged on the Anti-virus program just continually kept updating I could no stop it..So it made me wonder if it was actually genuinely doing so?.

The Kestrel 12:24 24 Apr 2010

Just done my weekly update, before scanning, and the file size was 4.51Mb. You are right though buteman, they always seem to be in the 4 to 4.5Mb range when I update each week. As the database version seems to jump several digits, I wonder if you updated daily whether the file size would be much smaller.

birdface 13:33 24 Apr 2010

I used to update it every day but not anymore.
Like you just wondering if the pay for version with automatic updates was smaller.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:56 24 Apr 2010

It doesn't add to what you already have, it replaces the whole DAT file (virus database) so theoretically every update should be slightly larger than the last one.

Reason - if you have only just downloaded and installed the program you would be missing the earlier virus signatures.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?