MalwareBytes - strange behaviour during scan

Bargee 13:18 06 Jan 2011

Hiya,

Did a full scan today & I got what seemed to be a radio broadcast during the scan. I wasn't online, I even disconnected the LAN connection to see if it was coming from online without my knowing. Malware was the only software running on the desktop, but I still got the broadcast. I've never had this event before. After the scan, I got several trojans, including a security hijacker, could this be the cause?

Strange, any ideas anyone?

Cheers.

Taff™ 13:57 06 Jan 2011

If you have external speakers the chances are they are "Unshielded" and picking up a radio transmission. Fairly common with older speakers.

Bargee 14:22 06 Jan 2011

Nice idea, but I have built in speakers on the monitor & if this is the problem, I would expect to get the interferance all the time or from time to time whenever the monitor was on. I've had the monitor several years & this is the very first time this has happened. Thanks anyway.

Taff™ 14:56 06 Jan 2011

In that case I suggest it`s the audio cable. I can`t see that it`s anything to do with Malwarebytes unless it triggered an audio file on your PC. Wait and see if it happens again!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017