malwarebytes downlao

perry.jacobs.716 21:13 20 Oct 2013

perry.jacobs.716 21:15 20 Oct 2013

Hi all, I have an ongoing problem that I posted about before and still cant get tothe bottom of.

Downloading malwarebytes has been suggested a few times now. I cant download on the infected laptop though so wondered how do I download on one pc, save to usb and open on another.

What is the best way to do this.

I tried downloading to the working pc, copying files to usb then openinng on the other and it didnt work. Next I tried downloading using the other pc but selected it to save direct to the usb then when I tried running it from the usb and transfer from usb to laptop- neither worked.

What am I doing wrong?

Am I trying to run the wrong icon- out of everything in the malwarebytes folder I run the one that says 'mabam' application.

Or once its on usb does it need installing onto the laptop?

thanks for your time

perry.jacobs.716 21:16 20 Oct 2013

title should say malwarebytes download, got it wrong and cant find where to change it sorry

rdave13 21:57 20 Oct 2013

Try Clamwin portable and run from usb drive. You'll need to download it again if you need a portable scanner as it is only up-to-date at the time you download. See if that helps enough to get other security software to be able to be downloaded on the infected PC. Check internet options that a proxy server is not set up by the virus/malware.

perry.jacobs.716 17:19 21 Oct 2013

OK THANKS FOR THE REPLIES.

I WILL TRY BOTH AND HOPEFULLY GET SOME SUCCESS.

WHAT IS A PROXY SERVER AND HOW DO I KNOW IF THERE IS ONE THERE? THANKS

Marwanagha 20:59 21 Oct 2013

Hi..try running the malware program from the USB and hope it runs normally

iscanut 12:03 22 Oct 2013

The file you need to save and then run is "mbam-setup-1.75.0.1300.exe " Save it to a USB stick and then copy it to your PC desktop and run it ( click on it ). The USB stick can also be plugged into any PC and the file run directly from it. Come back to us if you still have problems or let us know if all now OK.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?