Malwarebytes 6 entries that wont go away any ideas

Sparkly 12:49 05 Sep 2009

Hi all just been running a scan on a friends laptop with Malwarebytes Anti Malware and have cleaned up a lot of trogens and worm that he had a total of 48 infections, but have been left with 6 enties that will not go away even after i click remove selected i do this and then asked to reboot to finalize the removel, done this and run the scanner again but they are found each time, i have done this now over 6 times at least,i have turned off system restore on all account.
XP Home SP2
This is mbam log.
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.40
Database version: 2744
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2

05/09/2009 11:43:32
mbam-log-2009-09-05 (11-43-14).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 138291
Time elapsed: 12 minute(s), 39 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 3
Registry Data Items Infected: 3
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\DisallowRun\2 (Security.Hijack) -> No action taken.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\DisallowRun\13 (Security.Hijack) -> No action taken.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\ForceClassicControlPanel (Hijack.ControlPanelStyle) -> No action taken.

Registry Data Items Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\control panel\ConnectionsTab (Hijack.ConnectionControl) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> No action taken.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoFolderOptions (Hijack.FolderOptions) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> No action taken.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\DisableRegistryTools (Hijack.Regedit) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> No action taken.

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
Any ideas on this??

[email protected] 13:30 05 Sep 2009

While MWB is a good free program, it doesn't always leave a clean bill of health. I suggest you run another detection/removal program. I have had experience of AVG8.5 (free)click here removing something MWB had trouble with.
You could even try a full blown AV software free for 30 days: click here
(there are others)

Input Overload 13:46 05 Sep 2009

I too use Malwarebytes but I also use the Free edition of A Squared which is exellent. give it a try.

Sparkly 14:12 05 Sep 2009

[email protected]
Input Overload
Thanks i will run them and hopefully get a clean bill of health for the lappy.

jimv7 14:28 05 Sep 2009

Run a deep scan with malwarebytes in safe mode.

birdface 14:29 05 Sep 2009

I kept getting 1 like that.I kept removing it and everytime I ran Microsoft updates I had to download active X again.It took a while for the penny to drop but did not delete it the next time and get into the updates no bother now.I have it in the ignore list now so that it does not show anymore.

Sparkly 15:01 05 Sep 2009

Hi jimv7 running a deep scan with A Squared at the mo as soon as thats done and if i get no joy your tip is next on the agenda.
Thanks.

Sparkly 17:32 05 Sep 2009

jimv7 tried safe mode it starts to load all the drivers then a quick flash of BSOD and returns me to the choose which option i want
Safe mode
Safe mode with networking etc all start to load and the same happens quick flash of BSOD and returns me to the choose which option i want.

Marg7 ran Dr Web Cureit and that comes up clean,A Squared allso does not find them i have took a look in regedit for"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\DisallowRun\2 (Security.Hijack)"
and cannot find it listed as with some of the others. Strange going ons

sunnystaines 17:39 05 Sep 2009

have you tried the full scan with superantispyware?

click here

rdave13 17:42 05 Sep 2009

Sounds like a registry corruption after getting rid of a bug. Try running SFC to repair files. Sometimes you'll need the XP CD but sometimes you can get away with it. Keep trying the 'retry' tab; click here

Sparkly 18:13 05 Sep 2009

sunnystaines,rdave13
Thanks for the tips will get back on the outcome.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017