Malware- WinserviceCorp Ltd

Rubroy 19:34 22 Apr 2008

I seem to have been infected by a malware programme that is causing pop-up security alerts. The first box is a Security Warning with the publisher given as WinServiceCorpLtd – which sound odd anyway. Given the option to run or cancel I cancelled and was presented with a series of ‘Windows Security Alerts’ saying ‘somebody’ is trying to infect your PC etc etc. I am given the option to download spyware removal for total protection or to cancel. I chose cancel. I ran a full scan with Norton Security Suite 2008 and got an all clear. Webroot Spysweeper picked up and quarantined Worm Win 32.NetBooster plus a number of cookies all of which were quarantined.

I still get the message boxes and cannot get rid of them. One side effect is that my task manager has been disabled!

Even being careful not to accept anything, I still get a download box trying to install so- called Antispyware Master.

Can anyone help to rid me of this pest please?
I can if necessary type all the messages received but I doubt if that will Help as they are all spurious.

As is obvious because I am typing this, I can still, with difficulty and constant interuptions from pop up warnings of impending doom use my PC

Help please?

VoG II 19:38 22 Apr 2008

I suggest that you run HJT click here and post your log on the MWR forum click here

RobCharles1981 19:41 22 Apr 2008

You could also download some Spyware Programs and update them and run in Windows Safe Mode.

Super Antispyware
A-Squared
Spyware Terminator
SpyBot Search and Destory

All of which can be found on click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?