Malware and popups on my friends PC!!!

julius44 19:01 02 Sep 2008

Hello and good evening everyone, my work colleague told me today that his daughter had noticed loadz of pop ups on their family home pc as they've been using the internet, he mentioned that it seems to be getting worse and worse with the pop ups getting more frequent, and he was also getting mentioned to download a certain software to remove this and the cost for removal was about £30 or something like that.

I'd just like a list of STRONG and POWERFUL freeware products, that can do the job of getting rid of all the malware/pop ups please that seems to be on the pc. thanks

birdface 19:05 02 Sep 2008

Try superantispyware.click here download it and run the updates and run it in safe mode.

skidzy 19:10 02 Sep 2008

First thing is not to pay anything...no doubt you have a rogue program program installed...check in remove programs and uninstall,also any toolbars..uninstall them.

As download and update MBAM click here then boot into safemode and run the program,also run as above Superantispyware.

If you still problems,post back.

MAT ALAN 19:12 02 Sep 2008
  julius44 19:38 02 Sep 2008

Hello, thank u all for all your help, i'm gonna give him all the links that have been emailed to me, thanks loadz!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Ryzen news - release date, UK price, features and specifications

The pulp art of 80s computer game magazine covers

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment faire des captures d’écran sous Windows 10 ?