Malware or Virus Slowing me down?

  hammergl 19:15 04 Jan 2008


I have recently noticed a significant slowing in my PC performance. I have run HIJACKTHIS and the scan log is posted below. The thing is...I have no idea how to read it for anything malicious :-(

can someone help?

  pchelper001 19:21 04 Jan 2008

have you checked the task manager? ctrl-alt-del together.

are there any very high usage tasks happening?

  hammergl 22:32 04 Jan 2008

only iexplore.exe which i guess is a windows process relating to Explorer?

  bluto1 22:50 04 Jan 2008

What is your Operating System?
Go to Start>Control Panel>Internet Options and delete files and then cookies.In each case click OK.Run cCleaner, click here and that alone should speed things up a bit.
If not then run Adawre, click here followed by Spybot S & D www,
you should also run A Squared click here and follow this with an antivirus check, either Avast click here or AVG click here.
All of this is assuming that you haven't already done so.

  p;3 10:49 05 Jan 2008

has also this thread probably on the same issue , running click here
if you wish a log checked out by specialists you are asked to go to either click here or

click here with your log

  birdface 10:42 06 Jan 2008

Under Processes in Task Manager if nothing running System Idle Process should be showing about 97% of the Cpu. all the rest about 3%.What other process is showing a high % of Cpu.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Ryzen news - release date, UK price, features and specifications

The pulp art of 80s computer game magazine covers

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment faire des captures d’écran sous Windows 10 ?