malaware/ lock up

emmos 18:31 29 Nov 2007

when i try to open a link from my BT browser everything locks up and stops responding, also random pages keep popping up even whilst I am scanning for spyware or antivirus, I have tried avg anti spyware and virus and also used cc cleaner and ad-aware, one of the pages to pop up is viagogo, avg has just picked up a trojan called Agent.kvu.

paybarforme 18:42 29 Nov 2007

i used to get spyware and pages popping up and redirecting my browser, i found something called spy emergency 2006 from download.com, i had to pay for it but after reading good reviews i'm glad i did, it removes all spyware and found a trojan then removed that, all this after my talktalk security found nothing.

mfletch 18:51 29 Nov 2007

Hi, Check for any updates for AVG Antispyware

Then run a full scan in safe mode,

mfletch

SANTOS7 19:07 29 Nov 2007

Agent.kvu is particularly nasty piece of kit and considered dangerous to your PC, there are no specific removal instructions for this except scanning your PC as best you can with everything SPY/MAL/VIRUSWARE you have at your disposal

click here
as you can see from the link nothing to go on but good advice i'm afraid..

p;3 20:10 29 Nov 2007

you could also register with click here and get their expert advise ON how to remove the infection from your computer?

just follow the instructions in that thread, get registered, and let them help you to clean up

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017