Making recovery cd's

Mabinogion 00:49 20 Apr 2008

Hello
Me again, wanting some more advice please, great site for help!!
My son has been trying to get some info' on recovering my Grandson's laptop an Acer Aspire 5315 as it won't load windows at all now and at Christmas time he just wanted to get on with it and use it so didn't make any reoovery disks which has made me think well I haven't done that either for my Packard Bell Easynote L4, so any advice please on how and where to start backing up files and making recovery cd's? I looked on the Help and Support section and it tells me to go to Back up and use the ASR automated system recovery) wizard but I don't know where it is to be able to do these cd's so could you explain to me please?
Thanks again.

MCE2K5 01:08 20 Apr 2008

Easynote L4 series Recovery Boot Disk Creator click here

Mabinogion 03:07 20 Apr 2008

Hi
Thanks I will do that straight away, but all evening my son has been trying to find how to recover my Grandsons Laptop, it starts then won't go any further and makes a clicking sound and just fails to load, it's only four months old as we bought it for him for Christmas, but unfortunately as I said in my previous post they didn't make any recovery disks and can't get in to do anything, so would you know how to get any backup/recovery cd's for an Acer Aspire 5315 as you have given me above?
Thanks again.

Technotiger 07:46 20 Apr 2008

Hmm, a clicking sound is often a sign of serious trouble with the hard-drive. As it is only a few months old, I would suggest that it is returned and that a repair or if necessary, a replacement be provided immediately.

As far as recovery is concerned, if the hard-drive has 'died' recovery is highly unlikely. For your own, and your sons'/grandsons' future peace of mind, I advise getting Acronis True Image for making Recovery Disc and for keeping permanent and up-to-date backups of the computers complete system.

Most of us on this Forum use Acronis or similar such programs.

Pineman100 10:28 20 Apr 2008

As Technotiger has said, the "click of death" doesn't sound like good news for your hard drive.

When switch on the computer, does it get as far as splashing the Packard Bell logo on the screen? If so, then it might be worth trying to see whether you can get the Packard Bell Recovery program started.

When the Packard Bell logo appears, it should have a line of text at the botom of the screen telling you which function key to press, to invoke the recovery program - it's usually F10 or F11. Try tapping it the moment that this screen appears, and see what happens.

If you're successful, then the recovery program will guide you through its usage.

As I said, I'm not optimistic about this, but it's probably worth a try.

Mabinogion 01:13 24 Apr 2008

Hi
Thanks for the replies and we still haven't sorted out the 'click of death' as you call it but my son is taking the laptop and receipt to Commets where we bought it from Christmas time, so any hopes do you think? that's the trouble with these big companies once you buy their stuff they don't want to know, but hope they will do something for him, I didn't pay for all the extra insurance etc either just had the normal warranty.
Thanks will keep you informed how things turn out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017