duffndale 22:44 24 Oct 2010

i have the following hardware and want to know what else i will need:
amd phenom 2 x4955 3.2ghz (processor)
Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H (motherboard)
corsair cx400w (power supply)
samsung f3 sata 2 (hard drive)
4g corsair ddr3 (ram)
and a copy of windows 7
i am stumped now as what to do next what cases will fit my motherboard do i have any hardware missing my intention is to use the pc for music production any advice please

GaT7 23:46 24 Oct 2010

Well, the motherboard is a mATX size click here (24.4 x 24.4cm to be precise), so any case that will fit a mATX motherboard will do. This includes mATX-only & mATX+ATX cases (any other case size will be too large or too small).

Next you need to decide the shape of case, depending on the space you have & aesthetics perhaps:
1. Tower, which stands upright: e.g. click here
2. Desktop, which lays flat on its side: e.g. click here
3. Cube, which is like a combo of the two: e.g. click here

The above are only examples showing the shapes available & are not necessarily purchase suggestions.

The missing hardware is an optical drive, & a music production (MP) calibre sound card perhaps. The latter would depend on how serious you are into MP & your budget, as these can be pricey. Another thing I would suggest is at least one additional hard drive for backups only. You don't want to slog for hours only to have your precious creations gone in an instant due to a hard drive failure. G

northumbria61 00:07 25 Oct 2010

This what you need - read and digest - then you are well on your way - click here

duffndale 06:42 25 Oct 2010

cant thank you both more than enough cleared alot of things up thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?