Making Logo's in serif Problems.

futurekid 15:38 09 Sep 2006

hi,

I have serif drawplus 4.0 now i want to make a logo using the software, for my homework, now the only problem is none of the computers at home or school connected to a printer have the serif software.

So does anyone know how i can make a logo in serif and some how open it with another application on another computer that will work

thanks

Ben.

Sandy110 19:29 09 Sep 2006

Have you got to use Serif?
You would be better off creating your logo with one the office software, Word or the like, that will open on most computers

Eric10 21:34 09 Sep 2006

You should be able to save your logo in a different format than Serif's native one. Go to 'Save As' and choose a more universal file type such as .tif or .jpg. I don't use Serif but this holds true for any graphics program.

Woolwell 23:19 09 Sep 2006

It's a while since I've used DrawPlus but I think you need to export it as a JPG or other image format. The logo can then be treated as an image (or picture) to be inserted in Word or another program.

GroupFC 23:24 09 Sep 2006

If it is anything like Serif Photoplus, Eric10, is almost right. In Photoplus 'save as' only gives you the option of serif file types. However, if you go file>export you get an option to chose a more universal file type.

It may be something similar in Drawplus, have a look thro' the menus and check out the help file.

GroupFC 23:25 09 Sep 2006

There you go, Woolwell beat me to it!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?