Making a list of all the drivers in ones computer

guesswho2 19:23 14 Jan 2009

I seem to remember reading in a book some time ago, about a method of listing all the drivers in any Windows installation.
Can someone perhaps indicate how this may be done?

MAT ALAN 19:28 14 Jan 2009

click here

this may help...

guesswho2 19:48 14 Jan 2009

Thanks MAT ALAN.
That site doesn't actually ring any bells but it would seem to be able to do the trick.
Is it not possible though, just to get Windows to search for drivers?

aine 19:52 14 Jan 2009

drivermax. this will list and show you any outdated drivers and update if required

MAT ALAN 19:55 14 Jan 2009

click here

just to get Windows to search for drivers?

and all it ever tells you is it cannot find any better drivers than are already installed (never used this function)

Have to say for the amount of times you are likely to update system/hardware drivers i don't really see the point...

"if it aint bust fix it till it is"

the link may also help tho...

guesswho2 20:13 14 Jan 2009

Thanks again MAT ALAN. Yeah, I hear what you say. This is actually for the benefit of an old pal who, for some reason which escapes me, wants to be able to guarantee getting back to square one after an exploratory reinstallation of XP from a previous Microsoft CD. I think that he really does have 2 valid copies!
I'll pass the reference on to him.
Many thanks and I'll mark this resolved now.

guesswho2 20:13 14 Jan 2009

Thanks too aine.

AL47 20:16 14 Jan 2009

one of the only drivers i regularly change is the graphics, the rest, not too worried

Sea Urchin 22:55 14 Jan 2009

WinDriversBackup will list all the drivers in your system, and back them up to a secure location, so that you can recover one or all of them in the future if need be

click here

Sea Urchin 22:56 14 Jan 2009

PS Third one down on the above link

guesswho2 19:51 15 Jan 2009

Only just seen your replies now, Sea Urchin and AL47. Many thanks for getting back to me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?