making customised labels in windowsxp

weejohn28 15:10 18 Dec 2010

Can any one help me? I am making a sheet of customised label consisting of 5 colums and 13 rows. I have managed to get the spacing correctly for the horizontal lines of print, but I cannot do the same for the vertical print. At present I find that the vertical print puts the thirteen printed labels in the space of 12 labels and there seems to be nothing I can do to prevent this. If I alter the vertical spacing a message tells me that my page is to large, Ie the size of my labels exceeds the size of the page which is the usual A4. Weejohn

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:42 18 Dec 2010

What program are you using to make the labels, Word?

Sea Urchin 16:55 18 Dec 2010

You can download this template to word - and then set the labels as you wish

click here

Abel 17:34 18 Dec 2010

I use to have a similar problem until I came to realise the sheet of labels was foolscap and not A4. I then had to waste the last label or save it for when just one was needed. Otherwise you appear to have your top margin and vertical pitch incorectly set.

Abel

Alan2 22:58 18 Dec 2010

I use this:- click here from Avery.

As you can see it is free and easy to use. You don't have to use their label sheets as cheaper versions of them can be obtained from Staples and the like. I got a variety from Lidl.

ps: I haven't posted here for a long time and have my doubts about the "click here" appearing!

weejohn28 09:40 21 Dec 2010

Thank you all for your prompt replies and for your assistance.
Special thanks to ALAN2, I down loaded the AVERY programme and I was able to make the labels I required within three hours, this was after I had spent severl months on and off trying to do just this. Once again thank you all. Weejohn.

Alan2 13:52 21 Dec 2010

You're welcome weejohn28 - I've had, and still get, loads on useful information from this site and it's good to be able help when appropriate.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017