Make text on an image one item?

Dannyb 21:41 10 May 2009

I have cropped a photo and written on it using word art. How do I now make both of these into one thing that I can save as a logo and use without it changing? Both currently look good in a word document but they change seperately if I want to move , enlarge or make smaller. Thanks

lotvic 22:04 10 May 2009

The only way I know to do that in Word is to take a screenshot and paste it back into a Word document, then crop it to just the bit you want. You can then resize by dragging the edges.

Tip: before you make the screenshot increase the page zoom to make the photo look big on screen.

save the pic to a folder for future use as a .jpg image, but remember to have one 'read only' master pic and then copy it each time for use (so you don't lose definition as .jpg is a lossy file format and will degrade slightly each time it is saved)

harps1h 22:07 10 May 2009

if you gave photoshop you can add the text to the picture there and save in quite a few formats

BT 07:29 11 May 2009

If you don't have a Photo editing program, down load Paint.Net from
click here.
You can type directly onto the picture and save it with the text. Save it as a jpeg then use Insert>picture>from file in Word. You can then click on the picture and resize using the corner handles, and the picture and text will be resized together

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?