Make minimized page smaller on Taskbar

birdface 22:13 31 Aug 2009

Hi.When you minimize a page to the Taskbar there was a program that made the minimized page Icon smaller so that you could get more pages on the Taskbar.I used it up to last week when I did a reformat.Unfortunately I cannot remember the name of the program.
Anyone got a clue what I am talking about.

GaT7 22:29 31 Aug 2009

There's a little registry tweak that works very well click here.

If you follow the screenshots only, the value to be added in the last screenshot is -285. G

birdface 23:01 31 Aug 2009

Hi Crossbow7.looks like it is a bad site according to WOT.
So not wanting to take any chances by opening it.

GaT7 23:09 31 Aug 2009

What's WOT? I've visited that site several times in the past without a single problem. AVG gives it a clean bill of health too - a screenshot click here.

Anyway, I've applied the tweak to good effect. Let me know, & I'll provide a step-by-step guide. G

GaT7 23:10 31 Aug 2009

McAfee SiteAdvisor passes it too - see the screenshot. G

birdface 23:17 31 Aug 2009

Hi.This is what WOT shows.

click here

rdave13 23:18 31 Aug 2009

Sometimes even the best gives a not so clear indication. WOT gave me the warning also but I went to the site and instructions quite clear. Common sense should be used with these security apps. I don't mean to offend but reading a lot of your posts you deem these security apps warnings as 'gospel'.
Possibly you have too many real time spyware/trojans scanners running which will ultimately ruin your surfing enjoyment and may make you slightly paranoid about security. Remember that too many real time scanners will bugger up your PC and you will feel like reinstalling once again.
Apologies if I've offended but certainly not meant.

GaT7 23:19 31 Aug 2009

WOT - OK I get it click here. G

GaT7 23:21 31 Aug 2009

rdave13, is the voice of reason. I agree with all that he said.

WOT seems a bit overzealous to say the least. G

birdface 23:32 31 Aug 2009

Probably.but I could not understand the McAfee answer to it.All clear when you read the top half and not so good when you get to the middle.Looks like they are hedging there bets,

click here

bretsky 23:34 31 Aug 2009

Got this from NOD32 when trying to open your link CB7

Details:

Web page:
http: //click here

Description:
Access to the web page was blocked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
The web page is on the list of websites with potentially dangerous content.

bretsky ;0)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?