Make a BIOS flash floppy

wotbus@ 10:56 18 Jan 2006

Preparations before upgrade - make a BIOS flash floppy. I have formatted the floppy and unpacked the AWD flash tool to it. I have the BIOS on my desktop, do I just copy/past it to the floppy? When I do the rebuild and boot from the floppy, will it just do it or will I have to tell the flash utility to open the BIOS file which I put on the same floppy? I am a bit confused over this so if someone would care to step me through this in simple terms I would be much obliged. Thanks.

wotbus@ 10:59 18 Jan 2006

Sorry - WinXP Home and moving from A7N with Athlon 3000+ to A8N with Athlon 64x2.

PaulB2005 11:07 18 Jan 2006

Copy the BIOS file to the floppy. You then need to boot to DOS with the disk and then type AWDFLASH to start the utility. You can then specify the filename and it'll flash for you.

click here

eqskey 11:19 18 Jan 2006

Can't you also update this board's bios through given Windows program!
You can also unpack it straight to the floppy if you want when using DOS method.

wotbus@ 11:31 18 Jan 2006

PaulB2005 - Ahh, thanks. Got it now. eqskey - seems there are several methods but following the advice from the A8N forum it's like it's best to update the BIOS on installation of the board, even though a utility comes with the board which allows you to update later? I am sure there are other ways as one thing I have learned with home PC's is that there is always another way to do things ;-) but for now I just want to be clear how to fabricate the bootable BIOS flash floppy. Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone