main phone socket device to transmit signal to ISP

stanov 14:29 02 Apr 2010

I have been told by my ISP provider (O2) that I need a USB transmitter device to for my router which is in my bedroom to receive a signal from another device plugged into the main phone socket in my sitting room . What are these devices, where can I purchase them and how do I fit them ? All/any help would be appreciated by this 70 year old surfer.I won't use the term silver surfer as I use Grecian 2000 regularly. Thank you, Stanov.

Terry Brown 10:39 04 Apr 2010

There are some suggestions on this page click here= , however why don't you contact O2 and ask them which transmitters are compatible with their system.
Terry

stanov 15:33 04 Apr 2010

Terry thank you for your advice which I took up and got in touch with O2 they will supply drivers to go with their USB adaptor. Thanks also to Pineman and Bremner for their advice and help I am really grateful to you all.To reciprocate such kindness I would like to offer 2 nearly new books 'Laptops For Dummies' and 'Laptops For Dummies-Desk Reference'to anyone who could find a use for them if they were willing to pay the postage. Tommy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?