Mailwasher programme question

muscic lover 11:42 05 May 2007

I use mailwasher to download my e-mails. Now spam is easily filtered.... but
If I use mailwasher to 'open' my mail to check if it is spam or good stuff am I liable to be hit by those sort of sites that automatically record wether the mail has been read or not?

do you use mailwasher as well?

Just wondering.

Thanks

p;3 12:03 05 May 2007

I use mailwasher; run it; if at all in doublt open it and right mouse click the line you are worried about then see preview message ; left mouse click; then tick display full messager and message sourse; if in doubt; merely mark for deletion in the mailwasher and press process mail and it will be removed from server; as far as I am aware previewing it does NOT alert anyone that is has been previewed

though I might just test that on one of my own

Jackcoms 15:22 05 May 2007

"I use mailwasher to download my e-mails"

No, you don't.

Mailwasher does not download e-mails. It merely allows you to preview what is on your ISP's server.

It is only after you click Mailwasher's 'Process Mail' button that the e-mail is downloaded to your e-mail client (OE, Outlook, etc, etc).

So, the answer to your question is no.

p;3 17:31 05 May 2007

I think the question is; does previewing mail IN mailwasher spark off a 'read receipt '?

Jackcoms 18:09 05 May 2007

"I think the question is; does previewing mail IN mailwasher spark off a 'read receipt '?"

And, as I've already said, the answer is no

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone