Mailwasher Pro

conrail 17:08 09 Nov 2004

does anyone know how to export my friends list in mailwasher pro, I know I can import to this list but I want to save it should anything go wrong

beeuuem 17:33 09 Nov 2004

There doesn't appear to be an export option. If you go to Tools > Spam Tools > list options tab you can create a shared folder of friends and blacklisted addresses.

Mine is in "D:\My Documents\Friend and blacklist\wab.txt" You can save this folder or include it in your regular backups so that it is available to restore if disaster strikes.

conrail 17:56 09 Nov 2004

thanks beeuuem, have created a file for these, it says will not activate until mailwasher is restarted, I have restarted but the file is still empty so I may have to restart the computer

beeuuem 15:00 10 Nov 2004

From memory you will need to create the friends list from scratch and build up the friends and blacklist by adding mail as it is received in Mailwasher.
To get a head start you can import your contacts from your Windows Address Book into MailWasher Pro. To do this from MailWasher Pro, click Tools > Spam Tools > my Friends List > Import. Either select the "Import All" button to transfer all these contacts across, or alternatively, select the individual addresses you would like to add and press "Import"

Alternatively, if you can export your address book to a text (.txt) file then you can add your contacts directly to the file.
The Friends List is stored in the blacklist.txt file (contained in the application data directory which can be located by selecting Help > About and clicking on the link), so you can just copy and paste the addresses here. The default location for the blacklist in my case is C:\WINDOWS\Profiles\B\Application Data\MailWasherPro and I would expect yours to be similar.

If changes are to be made to this file, MailWasher Pro must be closed before opening this file and remain closed until you have entered and saved your changes. The format of the file must be specific to one email address per line, with no extra characters like commas etc. The Friends List is contained in this file under the heading [Whitelisted emails].

I hope that this helps.

conrail 11:05 11 Nov 2004

thanks beeuuem, all sorted

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?