Mailwasher not dowloading messages

Binzy 09:32 10 Jun 2009

When I select "Process Mail" in Mailwasher it opens up Outlook Express but it doesn't download the e-mails I've selected to keep (i.e. unticked ones) - they remain in Mailwasher.

Have checked Tools and Settings but can't find anything to help.

Can anyone help me please?

chub_tor 10:08 10 Jun 2009

In Mailwasher Tools, Email accounts, are your accounts listed in the left hand column? If not you need to add them or run the Mailwasher Wizard to get them added automatically.

mgmcc 12:01 10 Jun 2009

Mailwasher *LISTS* the messages which are available to download from the server. Messages are not retained within Mailwasher and the process of retrieving your mail with Outlook Express is unrelated to anything in Mailwasher.

What happens if, after deleting unwanted messages in Mailwasher, you close Mailwasher, open Outlook Express and then check for new messages?

Binzy 19:09 10 Jun 2009

chub_tor: I've checked and my e-mail a/c is there

mgmcc: Yes, I know it LISTS messages - I've used it for a while now but had to download it again as all downloaded files were wiped from my pc last week during a "clean". I'm now running Mailwasher 6.5 (not sure if that was what I had on my pc prior to the "clean". I did as you suggested and closed Mailwasher, then opened OE and clicked Send/Receive and yes the messages did arrive in my inbox. BUT previously when I ticked mail to be deleted and clicked "Process Mail", Mailwasher opened OE and downloaded my "to be kept" messages automatically -so I assumed there was something missing from the setup.

beeuuem 19:31 10 Jun 2009

It sounds as if you had OE set to check mail on opening (OE).
Look in Tools > Options > General tab > send and receive messages at startup check box.

chub_tor 20:12 10 Jun 2009

I presume that you have the box ticked in Mailwasher in Tools, General Options, Launch email application after processing or else Outlook Express wouldn't try to launch. If it's still not working then I would be inclined to uninstall it, run CCleaner to get rid of all traces of it, download it again (incidentally I did try to find if an earlier version that 6.5 was available but couldn't find one)then re-install and run through the Add email account wizard again.

I use the Pro version now and it is one of the most useful utilities to have and not too expensive. Serif did a deal on Mailwasher Pro awhile back and that is where I bought it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?