Mailwasher hanging problem

golfpro 08:47 28 Jun 2004

OS XP home, Mailwasher free version 1.33.
Over the last couple of weeks when I downloaded the mail in M/W, I checked the delete boxes for the spam and unchecked the bounce boxes as normal, after this M/W has been hanging after deleting two or three mails, and a message pops up (can't remember exactly what it says) but to retry by downloading mail again. The problem is when I cancel M/W it goes straight to my email client O/E and downloads all the mail. This is only intermittent (just maybe 3-4 times in the past 2 weeks), Could it be one specific mail affecting this, or something else. I have checked my settings and everything is OK.

golfpro 07:04 29 Jun 2004

I am having real trouble now with M/W, last night again it would not delete all the checked mail and I got this message "Information stored about the current state of the mail account (eg. which messages it has), is out of date. Try again once the mail is reloaded." when I shut down M/W it went to my mail account but did not include the mail I wanted to read. This morning it would not download all the messages and just timed out.
I hope someone has an answer to this, or can direct me to a site which can.

€dstowe 08:34 29 Jun 2004

I had loads of problems using Mailwasher. I gave up with it and now use Eprompter click here

Works differently to MW but I've come to like it.

€d

€dstowe 08:40 29 Jun 2004

Should add that I also use the BT spamtrap (SpamGuard).

€d

Diodorus Siculus 08:47 29 Jun 2004

Try a newer version of mailwasher.

click here for the last free release of version 2 which allows more than one account as well as hotmail accounts.

golfpro 08:57 29 Jun 2004

Thanks DS but your link does not work for some reason. I did have a look at the new M/W some time ago but then it would not allow more than one email address (I have two), that is why I went back to version 1.33. I did a check with Ad-aware this morning and it found 14 susspect files/reg. keys, etc. I have deleted these and hope that this was the fault.

Diodorus Siculus 09:19 29 Jun 2004

the link has stopped working as you say... I have the file so if you want it, mail me and I will send it to you.

All the best, Dio.

Diodorus Siculus 10:43 29 Jun 2004

Just mailed it to you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?