Mailwasher Free and Spam

SURVEY 15:33 03 Nov 2006

I have been using Mailwasher Free for a little while in readiness for ditching Norton Internet Security 2004 when the subscription shortly expires. I will of course be usig an AV (AVG) and antispy programs as well.

With NIS incoming spam emails (once trained by me or on Norton's Spam database)are tagged with 'Norton AntiSpam' in the subject and sent to the Norton AntiSpam folder in OE. With Mailwasher Free I note that many emails are also tagged as 'Spam' in the subject. I have looked in the MW Free 'Help' pages on line and in the program but cannot see if MW Free uses a database of known Spammers to so designate such emails. The tagging of these emails must come from somewhere so I assume that it must be MW. Can anyone confirm this please?

Reading the 'Help' pages on line is rather vague and I assumed any such database was only available with MW Pro. 'Training' and 'Learning' is I know only available in MW Pro.

Fellsider 17:09 03 Nov 2006

Who is your ISP? They may be trying to identify spam, therefore giving this situation.

SURVEY 17:43 03 Nov 2006

Fellsider - My ISP is Wanadoo (Orange). So you think it would be Orange rather than MW?

VoG II 17:46 03 Nov 2006

Orange do have a spam filter click here

SURVEY 09:36 04 Nov 2006

VoG - I checked your link and indeed having previously thought Orange's spam filter only referred to their web based email service, it does appaer that they do try to identify Spam for all messages and so mark them. Thanks for the info.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone