Mailwasher, a bit of help...please

thisisnighthawk 16:08 29 Jan 2004

hi, just installed mailwasher, i have filled in the boxes with my ISP details, I put it down to age, but i can not get my head around what i am suppose to do now, I have read the help files, and am none the wiser..could someone please explain, thanks..

johnnyrocker 16:11 29 Jan 2004

a bit more explanation about the problem please.

johnny.

thisisnighthawk 16:18 29 Jan 2004

hi again, perhaps i worded it wrong, I do not know what i have to do next..thanks

johnnyrocker 16:20 29 Jan 2004

you need to configure the mail accounts you want it to monitor and then check mail and it checks for you on the servers before it gets to your pc.

johnny.

VoG II 16:21 29 Jan 2004
  MAJ 16:22 29 Jan 2004

Once you have entered your details into Mailwasher, start Mailwasher and it will interrogate your email server to see what emails are waiting to be downloaded, Mailwasher will list those emails waiting on your email server and you can either delete, bounce or download them to your email client. Don't bounce them though, just delete or download.

thisisnighthawk 16:25 29 Jan 2004

thank you all for the help...it is now all falling into place.....nice one...

MAJ 16:25 29 Jan 2004

Oh and turn off the automatic check in Outlook Express from OE > Tools > Options > General tab, untick "Send/Receive messages at startup" and "Check for new messages every....minute[s]".

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?