Mailwasher

Bun 14:52 26 Feb 2007

I was using McAfee Spamkiller which gave me a lot of agro. Some kind person recommended Mailwasher which I am now using. Although it works well is there a way of making it automatically look at the mail without having to load it first by hand so to speak? I am using it with Outlook Express. Ta

rawprawn 14:58 26 Feb 2007

Drag it's icon into the "All Programs/Startup" Then go into Tools/Options and tick "Perform mail check on startup.

Bun 16:26 26 Feb 2007

Sorry to sound dim using XP where is the "All Programs/Startup" ? I've found the Perform mail check on startup" so I'm only a 50% dummy.Ta

Jackcoms 16:31 26 Feb 2007

In fact, if you tick the 'Perform default mail check on Startup' option, there should be no need to drag any icons anywhere!

Jackcoms 16:33 26 Feb 2007

Should have added - as long as you also have 'Load MailWasher Free on startup' ticked.

Terry Brown 16:34 26 Feb 2007

The problem with any mail sorting software is that it decides what is rubbish and what is not.

I have devised a simple solution, which costs nothing except a little time.

Go to the RULES and set up rules for the mail you want to keep, let the rest go into the inbox.
When you have read the mail you want (Filtered out), a quick scan through your inbox, for anything that takes your fancy then delete. job Done.
Terry

Jackcoms 16:37 26 Feb 2007

"set up rules for the mail you want to keep, let the rest go into the inbox"

Which is precisely what you do in MailWasher BEFORE it even gets to your PC!

rawprawn 16:37 26 Feb 2007

"as long as you also have 'Load MailWasher Free on startup' ticked"
Good afternoon Craig, I can't find that.

rawprawn 16:39 26 Feb 2007

I prefer EPrompter to Mailwasher
click here

Jackcoms 16:45 26 Feb 2007

Hi Dennis

I'm using MailWasher Free version 5.1.0

Go to Tools; Options; General and it's the second option down on the right-hand side.

rawprawn 16:49 26 Feb 2007

Aha! there is the answer I have V 2.0.28 Free(because it has unlimited accounts)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?