Mailwasher

Bingalau 13:54 19 Aug 2006

I have been using the free "mailwasher" program for a long time now, but as it seems to be getting sluggish in operation I thought I would use the control panel and uninstall it and then reinstall it later. However, the add/remove program tells me when I click on "Mailwasher" that it doesn't exist and that it cannot remove it. Anybody know how I can remove it or even if I should do so? ..Bingalau..

Jackcoms 14:16 19 Aug 2006

Use its own remover in Start; All Programs; Mailwasher

Bingalau 14:33 19 Aug 2006

Jackcoms, Many thanks for instructions which I have followed. Eventually found "Mailwasher in with "Speedtouch USB. However it was only the shortcut which I then deleted, but can't find any trace anywhere else of Mailwasher. It is still showing in the add/remove window but when I click to remove it, I am informed that it does not exist and can't be deleted. ..Bingalau..

VoG II 14:36 19 Aug 2006
  Bingalau 16:01 19 Aug 2006

VoG. At first sight that looks a bit complicated to me so I will leave it until I feel a bit brighter. The Grand Children have just arrived so I will have to wait unti they are settled in before I try anything. Thanks to all for your input as usual. ..Bingalau..

Bingalau 16:48 19 Aug 2006

O.K. I've managed to get it off my add/remove programs list. Thanks for that everyone, now I will be able to re-install it or something like it I hope. Thanks for coming up trumps again to all of you. ..Bingalau..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?