Mailer-Daemon

wetterfugal © 12:06 11 Feb 2004

I am getting quit a few returned email lately which I did not send to addresses I did not know. I am with AOL and eSafe had removed what it called a 'hostile' attachment in zip form. The subject line was "Hi Spam". The returned email has a lot of recipient addresses listed and shows the originator as my address. Has any one experienced this?

Jester2K 12:08 11 Feb 2004

Yes.

Someone has sent out spam using your e-mail address as the return address, hence you get all the reurned mail.

Delete and move on.

wetterfugal © 12:22 11 Feb 2004

Sounds like I am stuck with it. You don't think that it may be a bug resident in my sytem or that it is bing sent out via my computer?

AndyJ 12:29 11 Feb 2004

Jester2K's quite correct, it isn't you. I get them all the time..in fact I had one from Tower Records yesterday. Not only have I never shopped online with them, I've never set foot in one of their analogue shops ! It got the usual treatment....delete....forget.

Diodorus Siculus 12:30 11 Feb 2004

Unlikely to be your fault; do a virus scan and a spyware scan to reassure yourself. It's the nature of email - a "from" address can be forged by anyone...

wetterfugal © 12:40 11 Feb 2004

I have scanned with Norton and ran both AdAware and SpyBot (I find that there is always something that one misses}

Regards, VA

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?