mailbox 75% full

sunny staines 16:08 16 Oct 2008

my isp bulldog/pipex keeps sending out emails "The size of your mailbox is approaching it's limit (over 75% full).

Please take actions to ensure your mailbox stays within it's quota: Once your mailbox exceeds it's quota, no more emails will be delivered to your mailbox until the problem has been recified."

i download my emails daily to outlook, prior to last few days never had this before, the helpdesk seems to be in some 3rd world resort where english is poorly spoken and they cannot grasp the problem resulting in them transferring me back to the various options to press and round i go again lost as to what to do tried email that results in an incident number and there it dies with no more contact. bulldog help always found them first class but not used them for ages.

T I M B O 16:12 16 Oct 2008

Depending on the settings of outlook, it could be set to retain a copy on the server for you so after a while you may have to manually remove old emails.click here
you need to go to existing customers then to ur email box.

sunny staines 16:20 16 Oct 2008

tried your link
the web server shows no emails.

sunny staines 12:33 17 Oct 2008

goto to email accounts advanced tab and tick delete from server when deleted from deleted items

sunny staines 14:28 17 Oct 2008

thought i had it fixed after advice from pipex but just got another 75% full email.

Tknights 09:36 19 Oct 2008

I am also with BULLDOG now PIPEX and been getting the same email telling me that my mailbox is 75% full, take action and delete emails. My webmail is empty except the one from BULLDOG. Can't phone the Tech.Helpline because they don't understand me and keep me on hold for ages.

sunny staines 20:04 24 Oct 2008

problem continues now not getting any emails

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nokia 8 vs Galaxy S8

Best new design books 2017: From vintage infographics to the the psychology of type

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie