mail merge mystery

cicero49 12:56 11 Apr 2005

When I am working on a Word document and want to use the Tools facility, I find there is a long, long list of the phrase "mail merge" through which I have to scroll to get to the Customise and Options tabs. I do not use mail merge and never have. How do I get rid of this vry annoying list?
I use XP Pro and I did once try to connect my desktop with another in the house via wireless but it never worked and I abandoned the idea. Is my mail merge irritant something to do with this?
any thoughts/help gratefull received.

Taff36 13:35 11 Apr 2005

Nothing to do with it at all! Anyway - Which version of word are you on - I`ve had this before so I`ll get out the relevant info whilst you check!

Taff36 13:51 11 Apr 2005

Try This: Go to Tools>Customise and with this dialog box open select the tools drop down menu again. Click and drag one of the duplicated entries off the menu bar and drop it anywhere in the page. If this works once continue until you have removed all but one.

If it doesn`t work we`re going to restore all defaults which will unfortunately lose all your custom settings. So post back when you can!

Taff36 20:45 11 Apr 2005

Hi Taff, I am on Word 2003
and then:

Taff again, Genius! It worked. Thanks a million.

Now we all know how it is solved!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017