Mail Box full

muddypaws 18:59 27 Aug 2008

A friend on OE with Tiscali has been unable to receive emails since 19th August. Tiscali don't seem to want to help.
She tells me she has deleted most of her existing mails. My mails to her are still bouncing.
All errors indicate mail box full.
Is there anyting else she needs to do her end please.?
I have advised her to start a G mail account for emergencies.
Thanks.

Sea Urchin 19:06 27 Aug 2008

She may also need to remove mail from her sent items folder - these can also block incoming mail if it is too full

Quiet Life 19:08 27 Aug 2008

Is she leaving a copy of e-mails on the server?
In Outlook Express Tools> Options > Accounts >Properties > Advanced and see that leave copy of e-mail on the server is unticked.
She would have to access her tiscali account on the web and delete them there to free space.

muddypaws 19:44 27 Aug 2008

Sea Urchin
Quiet Life
Thanks. I have spoken on the phone to her and she has unticked the leave copy on server box.
She had already emptied her Tiscali account on line down to about 150 messages in total.
Just going to mail her and seewhat happens. But it appears to be something Tiscali end to me.

muddypaws 22:21 27 Aug 2008

Problem has been solved.
Many thanks from both of us.

Sea Urchin 23:11 27 Aug 2008

It would be good to know what the problem was for future reference

muddypaws 11:04 28 Aug 2008

Can only assume it was a full mail box.
Don't think we will ever know.
Does unchecking the leave on server box work that quick, because it was almost immediately after the above advice that problem went. Hopefully for good.
Thanks again.

Sea Urchin 11:36 28 Aug 2008

Thanks for the feedback - yes, unchecking the leave on server box will start to functin immediately you do it.

muddypaws 20:34 28 Aug 2008

Sea Urchin
Thanks.
All closed now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone