Magazine cover disc: Driver Wizard

Nick1 08:39 30 Oct 2003

It is not clear to me if the page that comes up giving the links to the dowmloads gives all of the dirvers or just the ones that you need to download becuse yours are out of date.

Does anyone know?

MichelleC 14:34 30 Oct 2003

I'm not clear what you mean. When you visit the site is there a scan to find out what drivers you have on pc?

pj123 14:43 30 Oct 2003

PC Answers magazine for December 2003 has a cover disk full of drivers. Might be worth a look?

woodchip 15:18 30 Oct 2003

you click on the driver then click go

Nick1 22:04 30 Oct 2003

What I meant to convey was: Do I need all of the drivers that are listed? Will any of them be duplicates of what I already have? Is the software clever enough to recagnise that I have not got the latest versions of the drivers listed?

TIA

Nick

GYPSY 22:57 30 Oct 2003

If your pc is working ok then you have all the drivers you need. A driver is just a programme that enables your pc to talk to your hardware ie. graphics card or printer say! You may be able to improve these items performance slightly, but unless you are a serious games player or stretch your pc to it's limits you may not notice any difference. My advice if it ain't broke don't fix it>

woodchip 23:09 30 Oct 2003

It shows what drivers you have got on your comp, and allows you to click on one then check if there is an update

Nick1 08:04 31 Oct 2003

Thaks to all. I have decided to do nothing! I will follow my better judgement and follow Gypsy's advice.

Nick

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?