mag dvd: "full" programs amount to 30day trial

sixbrix 11:55 02 Nov 2007

i thought i'd try out the full version of "a-squared anti-malware vs3" from the free dvd but after 30mins of setup and online registration i find i am only going to get a 30day trial! previous to that i tried install the full version of "kaspersky internet security v6.0" and that was not a full program either?
has anyone else found this with other software?

GANDALF <|:-)> 12:36 02 Nov 2007

It is a programme where you can use all the features for a 30 day trial...seems fairly clear to me.

G

cocteau48 13:46 02 Nov 2007

Also beware the other old bogey off the internet;
"FREE DOWNLOAD"
Yes you can download it for free but you have to pay to actually use it or get it to work fully.

Jake_027 13:56 02 Nov 2007

Have you registered it as instructed in the magazine? If you don't put a key in you can't register it. I haven't got the mag in front of me but usually there is a web address to go to to get an unlock code

Totally-braindead 13:56 02 Nov 2007

Its something that continues to annoy me I must admit. A full version to me means it works fully and its not time limited, if its time limited its a trial not a full program. The magazine presumably disagrees with my interpretation.

I must admit thats why I hardly ever load any of the programs. I am not interested in trials if I was I would download them.

crosstrainer 14:42 02 Nov 2007

And the other term should read "Trial" :)

carmichy 14:54 02 Nov 2007

Will some one tell me where I get free meal No not you Gandalf you are a wizard

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?