Madasafish/Dazzlefish

Confab 21:07 23 Mar 2003

Just over two years ago I got an adsl line installed at my house and my isp was a company called Iomart. Iomart had various internet connection options and the adsl connection was called madasafish or dazzlefish or something like that. About a year or so ago these were sold to one-tel and now one-tel is the company that sends me an invoice every month for my adsl connection (£27.00 if your interested). The frustrating problem that I have is that if something goes wrong with my internet connection then I'm not sure who to contact. For example today I have been unable to access any newsgroups. If I click on the newsgroup server (news.madasafish.com) in outlook express then after a minute of so I'll get an error message that says "unable to connect to server" and " Configuration:
Account: news.madasafish.com
Server: news.madasafish.com
Protocol: NNTP
Port: 119"

The One-tel website doesn't help as it only refers to one tel customers and the madasafish website is never updated.

Sorry for the long-winded question but is anyone else in the same predicament as me or should I be looking at perhaps changing my isp?

Thanks in advance,

Amber

MAJ 21:58 23 Mar 2003

I've just tried to ping Madasafish, "Request timed out", so it looks like it's no longer active or is having problems, Amber-Shortie, I suggest you contact One-Tel, if they have bought them out.

Dumfy 05:03 24 Mar 2003

I've had the same problem with the Newsgroups on Madasafish for the past couple of days and I'm on dial up.

The problem seems to be with their end as I can't connect to the news server using either Outlook Express or Agent newsreader. I've double checked the account settings and options on both and they are correct.

I guess they won't do much over the weekend in terms of fixes as the Madasafish website states there are no reported problems at present.

If things are still the same later today, I'll contact them (by email as it's 50p a min otherwise) Their mail servers and internet are working fine.

Regards

Dumfy

Confab 12:42 24 Mar 2003

Thanks for the replies. I'll check again tonight to see if its working and if not I'll mail one-tel.

Regards

Dumfy 15:23 24 Mar 2003

I've received an e-mail back from Madasafish who tell me that there is indeed a problem with the newsserver.

As it's provided by a third party, they can say when it'll be back up and running. I guess it's the same for One-Tel.

Dumfy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?