lynksys disconected

User-994545 21:45 18 Oct 2007

due to having to do a system recovery ,on a computer running xp home, edition, iv,e lost all internet conection thro router. ive got a blue ethernet cable connected from the router to the computer,and a cable from the modem to the router, it works fine directly from modem , ive got the lynksys instructions, but there website gives no helpline # only an e-mail ansering service. ithink setting up one of these routers skould have a health warning are ther any good tutoials out there

oldnovice 07:52 19 Oct 2007

click here
try this link

john bunyan 11:01 19 Oct 2007

Have you tried pressing for a few seconds the reset button on the Linksys router? There are 25 pages of answers on their "easy answer" section, (see oldnovice link)and you can phone them. What model do you have? I'll look up a few things later today as I have a Linksys SRX 200 wireless modem/router.

john bunyan 11:16 19 Oct 2007

The linksys website for setting up routers is 192.168.1.1 I think "admin" is the default password and id. just type in the above no in your address bar and go from there if reset doesnt work. Dont forget the wireless security, it is not very well explained in the set up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone