Lycos Tripod - free account

U10 10:56 05 Mar 2005

I have been building a web site using the free version of Lycos Tripod (with adverts) for the past few months. Then I suddenly got an email to say the account will be closed unless I upgrade to the paid version. Is this correct - does it happen to all free Lycos Tripod accounts? if so, is there another host that provides permanent free space? Thanks for any help.

LeadingMNMs 15:30 05 Mar 2005

ISP's normally provide some free space to create a website, and there are other free services like Geocities click here

calluminmk 21:05 05 Mar 2005

tripod introduced a new rule at christmas...
if your site has less than 30 page impressions in a month??? i think they give you a week to get it up to scratch before deleting it

Charence 21:54 05 Mar 2005

It happens to all Tripod UK accounts. 30 impressions per month at least (though its counter is incorrect).

Some other free hosts are click here or Geocities, but you won't be able to escape that Ad frame!

calluminuk - 1 week eh? Is that just to get access to files? Or to improve impressions? I'd like to know.

If you have 1 week U10, I suppose you could post a link and some forum members may be able to up your page impressions.

charencewong

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

30 UK artists have created vibrant posters celebrating Pride London

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?