lycos email

toniclady 00:05 11 Dec 2003

hi, does anyone know how to get lycos email to go to outlook, i have tried the way i got my web mail to go to outlook, but i keep getting this message -
The host 'pop3.ums.lycos.co.uk' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'pop3.ums.lycos.co.uk', Server: 'pop3.ums.lycos.co.uk', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11004, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D
i am running xp, outlook express 6, nothing works, ive tried all different ways.
please help
thanks guys

soy 00:21 11 Dec 2003

I think Lycos has changed the way you collect your email with Outlook. It has been changed so that instead email is accessed via 'Http' rather than the 'Pop3' server. I recieved an email a few days ago about this and it told me to download a small program that would set up Outlook to be synchronized with the Lycos email sever.

If you log into your email online, you'll probably have the same email from Lycos telling you about this.

toniclady 00:25 11 Dec 2003

i havent recieved that email yet, will wait for that to come through then, thnx soy

Valvegrid 06:44 11 Dec 2003

You don't need to wait for the email.

If you sign into your account on Lycos go to options, look down the list until you find synchronize, there is a small program to download and run which will allow you to use Outlook.

I have been using the http mail for some time with Lycos and very good it is to. When you have installed the file, change the settings to download only the headers of the emails, you are then able to delete any emails you don't want off the server rather than having to download them onto your machine.

Just a word of warning; if you use MailWasher to manage your emails, this program does not work on Lycos http.

Paul.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017