<sigh> - Acronis TI Home 2011again

exdragon 20:33 27 Mar 2011

I've just done two full back ups of two internal drives to an external one and have validated them successfully.

The C drive backed up to the same external with no problems, but when I ran the validation, I get the following message:

'Errors occurred while reading the file. A possible reason may be poor media quality'.

I know when I posted earlier questions about Acronis, the advice was to use dos, but why, when two drives are fine, is the other one a problem?

robin_x 22:01 27 Mar 2011

I get occasional problems with EASEUS, Macrium or Paragon images on my 7 yr old desktop PC.
(I don't have Acronis)

Usually errors while creating image. Sometimes validate or mount errors.

Running image again can work, or for me, running
"chkdsk c:/f /r" from a cmd prompt (takes a while) may work for a few weeks.

If you get regular problems an EASEUS 'solution' when I Googled error message was 'Try again with sector by sector image".

But no difference for me or many others with same problem.

mooly 08:38 28 Mar 2011

Have you looked on the Acronis forum,
click here

click here

exdragon 08:57 28 Mar 2011

I'll have a look at those. In the second link, I see that, after 34 posts, the problem was resolved by changing a cable!

What I don't understand is why I could do what I wanted to do with the previous version of Acronis - I didn't have to bother with using bootable CDs or do anything other than running a backup, validating it and restoring after a total computer failure.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des L├ęgendes en ligne ?