LP to MP3 using Nero 7

terendak_uk 11:01 09 Apr 2006

Hi. I am succesfully capturing LP music to Nero, using the wizard in Nero S'editor. Once captured , the Wizard prompts to declick/decrackle and to split the tracks. I click OK yet when prompted to close the wizard, nothing has changed! I have to open the wave editor, select all, choose declick and then play the whole side before I lose the clicks. I then have to find each track gap and insert a split. This can't be the best way........ I'd be most grateful for any help.

pj123 12:43 09 Apr 2006

I use LP Recorder and LP Ripper, especially written to do the job. LP Ripper is about 95 percent accurate in finding the end of each track. It sometimes misses if there is a very quiet passage in the track that lasts for more than 2 seconds. It thinks that is the end of track.

click here

terendak_uk 15:03 09 Apr 2006

I'll check it out. Nero seems to be infamous for it's inscrutability! Even Audacity was easrier to get to grips with! However, as I've bought Nero....I really would appreciate any LP-conversion Nero-users'tips.
NB: Perhaps because of the ease of use of LP recorder/ripper/Audacity.....no one uses Nero for this, lol!

pj123 15:27 09 Apr 2006

I understand exactly what you are saying. I only use Nero to burn the finished CD.

I tried Nero 7 but found there were an awful lot of problems with it. I went back to Nero 6.6.0.18.

OK, so you have to buy LP Recorder and LP Ripper but you only need to do this once. It/They will do everything you want.

You could also use JetAudio (free) but you would still have to physically find the end and start of each track.

terendak_uk 16:49 09 Apr 2006

Thanks for replying, pj123. I've checked out LP Ripper...looks good. I'll download the trial version.
Here goes for another learning curve!

pj123 17:24 09 Apr 2006

Download the trial version of LP Recorder as well.

If you need any help with either of these programs email me via the envelope and I will help you all I can.

terendak_uk 17:29 09 Apr 2006

Ta...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?