Low noise on internet playback

jonathon2412 10:24 08 Mar 2015

I have a realtek hda sound card installed in my pc and I have just hooked up a 5.1 speaker system. It works fine with music saved on the pc but when I try to watch You Tube videos the sound just goes really low, I tried MTV as well and same thing. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance :)

John H

Secret-Squirrel 11:37 08 Mar 2015

The YouTube and MTV video windows has their own volume-control slider. Have you checked this? If you have then let me know your version of Windows and I'll give you another potential fix.

jonathon2412 07:46 10 Mar 2015

Hi thanks for the help :) Yes I looked at some solutions and one was that, I'm pretty sure I have everything set up properly, the really weird thing is that I can plug in headphones to the front panel of the computer and they work on you tube videos but when I switch to a surround sound set up plugged in at the rear then it just goes virtually silent, you can just hear something coming out of the satellite speakers. then when I switch to music that is downloaded to my PC the surround sound works fine, weird!! I'm using XP Professional 2002 Service Pack3

Hope you can help :) JH

Secret-Squirrel 08:50 10 Mar 2015

" I'm using XP Professional..."

Ah, in later versions the Windows Volume Mixer has a separate slider for Adobe Flash so my Plan B was for you to check that.

I'm not sure what else it could be but it may help if you check the Realtek settings to see if there's any setting there that's causing this problem. There should be an icon for it in Control Panel.

jonathon2412 21:24 10 Mar 2015

It's a puzzler is it not!! I looked at the realtek settings and they are all set to maximum, I did find one, the 'Line Volume' which wasn't and I put it up full and got a very very slight increase but it is still barely audible. Still works with headphones plugged into the front panel and works with music saved from the hard drive. I tried streaming digital radio and that is the same as you tube, MTV etc.. virtually no volume through the 5.1 speakers but plays through the headphones. GRRRRRR!!! Thanks for the help though and if anyone else has a suggestion please let me know.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?