Low Frame per second on a gaming computer?

lolamage 19:19 03 Jul 2010

So basically I've recently brough a nice new gaming PC , the Acer predator g7200 it has 2.5Ghz , X2 ATI Radeon 4850's , 4GB ram, AMD Phenom 9850 Quad Core Processor. BUT I recently downloaded counter strike and call of duty 4 and I get around 5-10 FPS? What is wrong?. I have tryed..
Disabling one of the graphics cards didnt work
Updating all the drivers and processor drivers , operating system - which is Windows Vista 64-bit

WHAT IS WRONG? I desperetly need an answer. This computer cost alot of money and I don't want it not to work within a week of buying it..

MAT ALAN 19:52 03 Jul 2010

I think your issue is VGA card related 4850s are not the best things to put in an SLI config.
other forums suggest it is driver related and reverting to older drivers or from MOBOs manufacturers website is the way to go...

One of your cards could also be faulty...

rdave13 20:02 03 Jul 2010

Think I agree with MAT ALAN about the low level graphics cards even in CrossFireX mode. Try with one GPU then the other in case it is a faulty card. Personally I would go for a high end single GPU card rather than this Crossfire or Sli mode palava.

gengiscant 10:30 04 Jul 2010

I am interested how much "This computer cost you" it comes with two poor graphics cards and Vista?

AL47 12:22 04 Jul 2010

crossfire with those gfx cards is a bad idea

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

30 UK artists have created vibrant posters celebrating Pride London

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?