low 1055t benchmarks!

noggin_on_wheels 23:03 14 Feb 2011

Hi all ive had my 1055t for about a month or so now, and just got around to testing it using passmark, and i found that my passmark cpu score was about 1000 points below the expected value, i also used the benchmark tool within AMD opverdrive nad this gave a far lower than
expected score also. my system specs are:

-AMD 1055t 2.8Ghz
-MSI 870a-G54 motherboard
-Corsair DDR3 memory 1333Mhz
-ATI HD4650 1Gb DDR2
-WD caviar blue 500Gb HDD
-500W PSU (generic brand)

all my drivers and bios are up to date, and i am using passmark 7. any help with this issue would be much obliged, as a 1000 points below avergae sounds bad to me :X

GaT7 15:11 15 Feb 2011

According to click here, a motherboard BIOS update & running more RAM with a 64-bit OS may help.

To find out your board's current BIOS version: download, install & run the free CPU-Z click here & click on the 'Motherboard' tab.

I wouldn't recommend updating your BIOS just to improve a benchmark figure, but if you'd like to go ahead with it anyway & need some help, just ask. G

GaT7 15:24 15 Feb 2011

Well, I found a MSI BIOS-flashing guide that should help click here (saves me typing a thesis!).

Also PDF guides if flashing with a bootable disc click here, or bootable flash drive click here (I find the USB method the easiest to do on modern boards).

Post if you get stuck or not sure what to do. Do ask rather than making a mistake that may not be reversible. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?