Lovsan.A

brambles 21:29 19 Jan 2004

I have AVG (Grisoft) free Anti-Virus installed and fully up to date with latest download. I had an alert saying Lovsan.A detected and instructing me to run AVG. Then I was counted down & Windows closed – which I know happens.

What I am concerned to find is that even when I run the AVG scan it alerts the Virus – heals it but the next time I go on the Internet exactly the same thing happens again. MSBlast.exe: MSLaugh.exe and Enbiei.exe are names that appear in the test results. Even trying to send this message is difficult as I’m rushing to type it in case the same thing happens again.

Brambles

Big Elf 21:31 19 Jan 2004

You may have got the Blaster virus.

First click on Start, Run and enter shutdown -a then click OK. This will give you more time.

Download the MS Patch from click here

Then download and run the Stinger removal tool from click here

MS information is available at click here

Big Elf 21:37 19 Jan 2004

You have been blasted MSlaugh is added to the system as the result of the blaster virus. You can read this later when you're sorted click here

Big Elf 21:39 19 Jan 2004

click here for the apparently related Lovsan.A

Sheila-214876 22:00 19 Jan 2004

Go to click here and click on Virus Information. Type in any of the virus names you have in the search box. You will then get instructions on how to remove them.

Big Elf 22:03 19 Jan 2004

You mean mine aren't any good?

curlylad 22:51 19 Jan 2004

I echo what Big Elf has said .Do the first two 'click here' buttons on his reply and if this doesn't work disable 'system restore' click on the two 'click here' buttons on Big Elf's posting , re start and re enable system restore.

spuds 23:40 19 Jan 2004

click here Thanks to Vog, it worked for me.

johnnyrocker 23:45 19 Jan 2004

no word from brambles. whats the score?

johnny.

brambles 16:46 20 Jan 2004

I wasn't being ungrateful I just couldn't get on the Internet to acknowledge all your super recommendations & support. I went eventually to an Internet Cafe downloaded various from your recommendations then copied the downloaded files to a CD & installed at home. All OK now thanks everyone I'll just tick Resolved
johnnyrocker
spuds
curlylad
Big Elf
ennuye

Brambles

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

30 UK artists have created vibrant posters celebrating Pride London

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?