Lotus Word Pro Font title in red not black

Fortyone 20:53 30 Nov 2004

Can anyone tell me why sometimes the font name at the bottom left on a new page on Lotus Word Pro should be in 'red'? I clearly is some indication that it's locked, because you can't change it. If I re-start the font names are restored to black and can be altered.

Wak 22:10 30 Nov 2004

I can only assume it is a corrupt file in Lotus Pro system files and would suggest you re-install it over the top.
Have you asked Lotus?

Fortyone 22:51 30 Nov 2004

Thanks Wak, I have done as you said. Only time will tell!

Fortyone 05:46 03 Dec 2004

The problem was orginally with Lotus Word Pro, but I encountered the same difficulty with Microsoft Word. If I re-start all is well, but this is a nuisance if all I need to to do is work a document. I can't identify what causes the problem which seems to occur sometime during document usage.

Wak 11:36 03 Dec 2004

Here's a thought for you!
All programs seem to borrow from or use the Explorer window to supply the task bar, Status bar and Menu bar etc.
Do you think that your Internet Explorer could have a corrupt file??
What system are you running?
Have you tried repairing Internet Explorer??

Fortyone 15:05 03 Dec 2004

Wak, thank you for your suggestion. Most helpful!I have re-installed Explorer from another CD and will wait to see if the problem occurs again. Your idea may have given me a clue as to how it happened. I will experiment!

Wak 18:42 03 Dec 2004

Let's hope it works.
Let us know how you go on?

Fortyone 17:27 13 Dec 2004

Wak,
I thought the problem had gone away, but alas it's back.

Fortyone 12:44 19 Dec 2004

It seems connected to cutting and pasting text from web sites. Also in Front Page express sometimes that too, is frozen in the default font mode. So far the remedy is to re-boot.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?