Lotus organizer smartsuite 9.5

JohnM. 04:53 16 May 2003

I have used smartsuite for six years updated to 9.5 recently using with XP. Have not found out how to drop and drag an address to the printer. On OR3 there was a printer dialogue on the LH side and envelopes could be printed singly - any help out there.

JohnM.

-pops- 06:26 16 May 2003

The earliest version of Smartsuite stated by IBM/Lotus to be compatible with XP is version 9.7 (note 9 point 7 not 97).

There is a known problem with using earlier versions of Smartsuite with XP and if I remember correctly from a recent post here, that problem was with Lotus Organiser.

You can get Smartsuite 9.7 from click here for £23 inclusive of VAT and postage.

Brian

Belatucadrus 08:30 16 May 2003

Beg to differ -pops-, having just put 9.5 on XP the compatability is with the Approach database not Organiser. JohnM. try clicking on File, then User setup and Smarticons. it's possible that you can add the option you want to the menu.

-pops- 08:56 16 May 2003

You are right, the main compatibility issue is with Approach but, I also understood that there were some other minor issues that could cause difficulties.

It is still true, though, that SS 9.7 is the first version to be stated by IBM to be compatible with XP and at only 23 squids, you can't really afford not to install it.

Belatucadrus 12:05 16 May 2003

If your as mean as me you can, I'm not a big database user and so far it isn't a problem. Still £23.00 is pretty damn amazing when you consider the alternatives.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?