Lotus Notes - Attachment Issues

Megan2682 08:49 27 Oct 2008

Please Help!!!

I have recently has my computer upgraded at work which has included upgrading to a higher version of lotus notes (Version 6.5.4).

We use a lot of shared drives at work, so to go to each file via a normal path would take forever, so as a result my desktop is covered with all the links i need. Previously when attaching a file, I could click the attach button, go to my desktop, and then go into the relevant folder via the shortcut on my desktop. What happens now is it simply attaches the shortcut!!!

For me to go to each individual location on our network when i want to attach a file is taking me forever (and to be honest, half the time i can't even remember the full loction of the file, and I do not ever have the need to attach links to a document anyway!

Is there a patch, or and option i can select, that will fix this? The guys in IT have said they won't downgrade my version of lotus notes :o(. I they can't figure out how to fix it.

Please help!

Megan2682 13:20 04 Nov 2008

Please Help .... Anyone?????

DippyGirl 14:10 04 Nov 2008

Hi
Rather than using file > attach or the paperclip Can you follow your desktop short to the folder you want (assuming the shortcut is to a folder not a file - see below) then you drag and drop the wanted file into the body of the Notes Memo ?

If the shortcut is to a file right-click it > properties
Should see the target highlighted > CTRL+C
Then in Notes click the paperclip
In the Create Attachment window Paste (CRTL+V) in the File name box > Create (or Enter)

Both a bit clunky, but both should get the attachment into the memo ...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone