lots of viruses and trojans help please

android2005 13:51 21 Aug 2006

i have lots of problems with my computer,the main one now is it knocks the internet connection off,i have to turn computer off and restart and hopefully get to this stage and can use internet!!!!!!!!please help with removal of these

birdface 14:07 21 Aug 2006

Don't know mutch about computers, But can you run in safe mode, And then run your anti-virus

AndySD 14:13 21 Aug 2006

Try going down to your local news agents and look at the pc magazines has an antivirus and antispyware program on the cover cd, install and run these.

johndrew 14:31 21 Aug 2006

You don`t say what OS you`re running, presumably XP. If so you should ensure it`s up to date with all securiy upgrades.

If you are running Windows Firewall make certain it is ON. You should also be running Windows Defender (again up to date with upgrades).

For antivirus programs (free) and other anti-malware software click here Make certain you only run ONE ANTIVIRUS or you will have problems. Make sure that whatever you install is fully up to date.

If you are in deep trouble still go to click here and do an online scan.

ade.h 16:06 21 Aug 2006

Use the following:

Rootkit Revealer click here
A-Squared click here
Ewido click here

Perhaps get a firewall that offers good outbound program monitoring. All of the above are free.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:29 23 Aug 2006

Avast4 click here
AVG antivirus click here

Anti Spyware :-
Adaware click here
Spybot S&D click here
Spywareblaster click here
Spycatcher express click here
a2 click here
Windows Defender click here
Ewido click here
Superantispyware click here
Hitman pro click here

STREETWORK 06:47 24 Aug 2006

CW Shredder was not mentioned, but this is good at removing internet hi-jackers. Also Hijackthis can be used to see what is trying to access the internet. You will need to post a log of hijack this to a website for a techie to assist in removing problems. I did this last year and the techie help was second to none, and free.

wee eddie 08:10 24 Aug 2006

Since he posted over 48 hours ago.

More information will be necessary if any sense is to be made of our replies

skidzy 09:05 24 Aug 2006

Android... if none of the above advice works for you,assuming you can get online.Your best port of call is to follow Streetwork's idea

Run Hijackthis: click here

Post the log:
click here

Here you will be advised by the experts as what needs removing.

Good luck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?