lots of users-do you have to scan separately?

wots it all about 22:01 13 Dec 2005

Hiya all.

When there are lots of users on one pc, all with their various different settings, do you have to scan each one separately when you run the anti virus and spyware removers?

Also, can someone please explain in (simple terms !) how the pc should be setup when you have several users, ie do you have to have an administrator to oversee everything, or....well perhaps someone can tell me!

Thanks.

brambles 22:12 13 Dec 2005

Click on Start/Settings/Control/User Accounts & you'll see how easy it is for different user desktops to be setup.

Usually the Administrator has more rights than a restricted Member ie in terms of adding & removing programmes.

It really is very simple when you look at it.

Anti virus & Spyware would probably be best done by the Administrator - not fair to put the responsibility on the family members - they just want to play games etc.

Hope this helps

Brambles

wots it all about 22:22 13 Dec 2005

Thanks for that. So should I make one of the accounts an administrator then?

I seem to remeber reading that you shouldnt have an administrator ....or something like that, for security reasons. Wasnt paying much attention, wish I had now!

wots it all about 09:32 14 Dec 2005

bump!

anskyber 09:41 14 Dec 2005

Yes you should have one as the administrator. It is suggested that a second account should be used by the administrator for day to day use. There is a small security issue if you do not. having said that I do not have a seperate account.The administrator is the only account to be able to do things like add/remove programmes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?